This blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
www.rarasuperstar.com/blog
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Make Your Own Tea Towel Cushions

Christmas is just around the corner and this year I have decided to give my christmas presents a personal touch. No more mass produced throwaway gifts, this year I vouch to only buy eco, handmade, secondhand or to make it myself. This will not only save me money, but also get my creative juices flowing and give gifts that are original & creative.



My first project for Christmas gifting are these cute cushions I decided to make out of vintage tea towels. I picked up some tea towels recently whilst trawling through my local op shop, and as they were too nice to leave behind I thought I could use them for something.

As it's officially the first day of December, I decided to get them out and start on my Christmas making adventure. My 5 year old daughter also wanted to get in on the action, so she worked on her own cushion while I worked on mine. 

It's pretty simple, just fold tea towel in half and start sewing around the edges. We used pretty red embroidery thread so if the stitch was a bit messy it didn't really matter. When you get close to the end, stuff your cushion with hobby fill and finish up the stitching all the way around. And viola you have yourself an original cushion!! 




About an hour later and we had finished 3 cushions. It truly was simple and fun, and the results are brilliant. Just not sure if we want to part with these cute cushions.. 3 more to make so hoping there will be enough to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment